Spray Foam Roofing For Your Arizona Roof
Category : Roofing
Spray foam roofing is a popular choice for flat roofs in Arizona. Flat roofs have a beautiful, classic aesthetic that perfectly matches the Arizona landscape – and spray foam roofing helps to protect your home by providing excellent waterproofing and insulation. Is there anything else you want to know about spray foam roofs? Roofstar Arizona has answers.
What Is Spray Foam Roofing?
Spray foam roofing – known more formally as Spray Polyurethane Foam Roofing – is a kind of roofing that is sprayed on as a liquid and left to expand into foam. The foam is then covered with a UV protective coating that can even be tinted to blend with desert environments. It creates a seamless layer on top of an existing roof. Spray foam roofing is a typical – and excellent – choice for flat roofs.
How Long Does Spray Foam Roofing Last?
When properly installed and maintained, a spray foam roof is very long-lasting. It can last for a good 20-30 years, or possibly much longer if you perform the required maintenance on a regular schedule.
Is Spray Foam Good for Roofs?
Yes, absolutely. Spray foam roofs are durable, long-lasting, lightweight, and energy-efficient. If you love the look of a flat roof, a spray foam roof may be your best option.
Will Spray Foam Stop Roof Leaks?
A spray foam roof is excellent for preventing leaks from damaging your home as it provides a seamless waterproof barrier across your entire roof. However, if you are already experiencing leaks, existing roofing must be removed as it cannot be installed when there is any moisture on the roof.
Pros and Cons of a Spray Foam Roof
Want to weigh the benefits vs costs of a spray foam roof? We’ve got you.
- It Can Conform to All Shapes: Because of the way that spray foam expands from a liquid, it can fit almost any roof – even irregularly shaped ones, and, most notably, flat roofs.
- Good Insulation: Spray foam roofs provide excellent insulation, which makes it an energy-efficient choice.
- No Seams: SPF is seamless, which protects your roof better from leaks. Since it’s applied as a liquid, it can work its way into any cracks and cover them.
- Easy to Install: Spray foam roofs are much less invasive and noisy to install than a traditional roof. In addition, they’re quite cost-effective for the level of quality and durability they provide.
- Limited Installation Window: Spray foam roofing can only be applied in certain weather conditions; for instance, it cannot be installed if there is any moisture or dampness on the roof.
- Regular Maintenance: While all roofs require regular maintenance, with spray foam roofs it is recommended that they are inspected yearly.
So, is a spray foam roof worth it? That’s up to the homeowner. But as long as you hire a good contractor – such as Roofstar Arizona – we guarantee you won’t be unhappy with your new roof.
Call Roofstar Arizona now at (480)-426-1915 now to get more information about SPF roofing or to schedule your roof repair or replacement now. We’ll always tell you the truth about your roof!