Questions To Ask Your Roofing Contractor
Category : Roofing
The time has come. Your 20-year-old roof is ready for you to hire a roofing contractor, one you can trust that will tell you the truth about your roof. A good, comprehensive list of questions to ask your roofing contractor will get you the answers you need to hire the most trustworthy and highly-qualified roofing contractor.
Questions and Answers to Get You The Best Roofer
Asking the right questions will get you the answers you need to make the right decision on a qualified roofing contractor. Below, we have listed some key questions and the responses you should expect.
- Q. Are you properly licensed and insured? The answer needs to include all employees and subcontractors. Ask to see the paperwork and make sure your contractor provides you with a copy of their license and confirm their physical address.
- Q. Are you Experienced? You will definitely want to know and confirm how long the roofing contractor has been in business. If less than 10 years, it will be difficult to determine the quality of their work. Are you getting a 10- or 15-year warranty from a company that has only been in business for a few years? How would they back that up?
- Q. Are you a local or regional company? There is less chance of potential issues when you choose a local contractor. They are more familiar with local rules and code regulations and have a relationship with area crews and suppliers. Especially if you are dealing with replacing or repairing a roof due to a monsoon storm claim. You will want to watch out for out-of-area storm chasers/contractors who pressure you to sign a contract.
- Q. Can you give me solid referrals? In addition to past customers, your Insurance Agent is also a good advocate as they want to be sure you are more than satisfied with your roofing contractor. Many Agents recommend Roofstar Arizona, Inc. to assist their clients through a claim process.
- Q. Can you give me an extensive warranty and will it include workmanship coverage? If a roof is installed incorrectly, it may take months or years for the damage to show up—and insurance won’t pay for it. If the contractor won’t fix it (or worse, has gone out of business), your only recourse is to pay for their mistake yourself. However, if your contractor was licensed, compensation may be available through the Arizona Registrar of Contractors.
- Q. Who will be on the job site during the roof installation? This is super important because maintaining the job site and clearing it of debris can prevent accidents and also properly supervise the roofer’s work.
- Q. Do you need to come inside my home for the estimate? This will depend on the initial inspection. Not all estimates require us to go inside the attic, but you’ll know ahead of time when we need attic access.
Have More Questions About Your Roof? Get The Truth!
After reviewing these questions and getting your answers with us we are certain you will find that we will tell you the truth about your roof. Call Roofstar Arizona today at (480) 426-1915 – and ask all the questions you want and get an accurate estimate from Roofstar Arizona Inc., a roofing company you can trust.