How To Find The Right Roofing Contractor
Category : Roofing
A roof over your head – it’s a basic need for all of us. Do you want to know the truth about your roof? Does it only need repairs? What are the right roofing materials for your home and climate? Getting it right is crucial. How will you know you found the right roofing contractor? Getting it done right the first time is key. But, if these concerns are on your mind, you are in the right place.
Maybe it is a rainy day or you are wondering if the spots on your ceiling in the house are caused by a leak in your roof. Perhaps you are selling your home. When you make the call for an estimate, you want to know you can trust that the estimate will match the cost and you will be treated fairly.
Let’s dive into these questions in a little detail.
How do you find a Roofing contractor?
- Keep it Local. Get referrals. There is less chance of potential issues when you choose a local contractor. They are more familiar with local rules and code regulations and have a relationship with area crews and suppliers.
- Check for proper licensing and insurance. This includes all employees and subcontractors. Ask to see the paperwork and make sure your contractor provides you with a copy of their license and confirm their physical address.
- If you have storm damage serious enough to involve an insurance claim, hire an experienced contractor to represent you through the process: Similar to having an attorney help you after being injured in an auto accident, an experienced roofer can represent you with a storm damage claim. Your trusted roofer can meet with your adjustor, provide proper estimates and help you navigate the claim process to ensure nothing is left out in completing repairs necessary to restore your home.
- Don’t give in to pressure. Watch out for “storm chasers” from out of town who pressure you to sign a contract. Signing an agreement with a trusted local roofer will make sure the insurance adjuster didn’t miss anything. If necessary you can review your policy together to be sure all covered items are included. Your Insurance Agent is also a good advocate as they want to be sure you are more than satisfied when the claim is closed. Many Agents recommend Roofstar Arizona, Inc. to assist their clients through a claim process.
- Experience. How long has the roofing contractor been in business? If less than 10 years, it will be difficult to determine the quality of their work. Are you getting a 10 or 15 year warranty from a company that has only been in business a few years? Think about it.
What 3 Things Should You Look For When You Get An Estimate?
- Get an extensive warranty. Does it include workmanship coverage? If installed incorrectly, it may take months or years for the damage to show up—and insurance won’t pay for it. If the contractor won’t fix it (or worse, has gone out of business), your only recourse is to pay for their mistake yourself.
- Pay your deductible. Any contractor who claims they can handle the repair without having the homeowner pay their insurance deductible is possibly committing insurance fraud, a felony in most states. The insurance deductible is the responsibility of the insured, and the contractor should reflect that in the quote.
- Know your material choices. A contractor who does not offer you choices is not looking out for your best interest. The style and color of the shingles you install can affect the resale value of your home.
How Can You Know You Can Trust A Roofer?
Honesty. It comes naturally to us at Roofstar Arizona. It is the basis and core of our relationship with our customers. Our customers consistently tell us that our work matches our reputation. Shortcuts are not how we operate. Our prices are consistent and with our detailed diagrams in our estimates so you will visually know what you are getting.
In order to choose the most trustworthy roofer, consider these 3 points:
- Reputation. The last thing you as a customer would want is a roofing contractor that takes unsafe shortcuts that will cost you in the long run.
- Upgrades. Are they available? And, do they cost extra?
- Professionalism. The way the Roofing Contractor and their employees treat you in the process of getting the estimate and throughout the job.
From the foundation to the roof, you want to work with honest contractors for your home. We go above and beyond. We treat our customers with respect and give you the best. It’s a mindset for all our employees and for your roofing job.
Roofstar: We Tell You The Truth About Your Roof!
Getting through all these questions with high marks is how you will know you have found a reputable and trustworthy roofing contractor. Give us a call today and avoid paying for expensive interior repairs. Knowing you are in solid hands with Roofstar Arizona will give you peace-of-mind. Being a Roofing Contractor in Arizona is a science and an art. Staying knowledgeable in the roofing market and in the industry materials and being trustworthy is what drives our business.