How Do I REALLY Know If I Need A New Roof
Category : New Roof
Repair vs Replace a Roof
How do you know if your roof needs to be repaired or replaced? Thankfully, you don’t have to be able to tell – just schedule an inspection with a qualified contractor, and they will do all the work for you. However, it is important to schedule that inspection as soon as you notice damage that may need a replacement – if you wait too long, it’s possible that the damage will continue to worsen, which will cost you money in the long run.
Signs Your Roof Needs to Be Replaced
If your roof is getting up there in age, it’s important to keep an eye out for signs that it’s reached the end of its lifespan and needs to be replaced. If your roof is young, it’s possible that only a repair is needed, but you should still be aware of the fact that severe damage – after a storm, for example – may warrant a replacement. So what signs do you need to look out for?
- Age: If your roof is over 20 years old, it’s likely that it’s time for a replacement. Roofs have a general lifespan of 20-25 years, although it heavily depends on the material, installation, and maintenance performed. If your roof is 15 years or older, it’s a good idea to have it regularly inspected so you can know when it’s time to have it replaced with a new roof.
- Sagging: A sagging roof can be a sign of heavy damage that can affect the structural integrity of your roof – and your home. If you notice that your roof is sagging, contact a professional contractor to inspect it as soon as possible.
- Decaying Shingles: A few damaged, cracked, or curling shingles may require a simple repair. But if you notice that your shingles are rotting, decaying, or that a significant amount of your shingles are missing or damaged, it’s likely time for a replacement.
- Poor Installation: If your roof wasn’t installed properly, it may be more susceptible to leaks and damage, and it will deteriorate more quickly – which means you’ll need to get it replaced by a good contractor.
- Missing Granules: Missing granules on your shingles can be a sign of damage. It could warrant only a repair, or, depending on the extent of the damage, could need a replacement. Look out for granules, which look like black sand, in your gutters.
- Significant Storm Damage: Monsoon season in Arizona comes with some pretty serious storms, and those heavy winds and flying objects can damage your roof. Most of the time, your roof will be totally fine after a storm, or only need light repairs, but if your roof is older, or if the storm caused heavy damage to your roof, it may need to be replaced.
- Leaks: Water leaking into your home is an important sign to watch out for. Leaks can lead to water damage, which can severely impact the health and structural integrity of your roof.
If you’ve noticed any of these warning signs, it’s important to call a trusted contractor – like Roofstar Arizona – right away to get your roof inspected and, potentially, start the replacement process. When it comes to roofs, it’s always better to get started sooner rather than later, so that damage doesn’t worsen and costs grow.
Call Roofstar Arizona now at (480)-426-1915 now to schedule a repair, replacement, inspection, or just to ask questions. We’ll always tell you the truth about your roof!