Arizona Roof Maintenance For Fall: Our Checklist
Category : Roof Maintenance
Performing maintenance on your roof is an important aspect of making sure that it remains safe and extending its lifespan as long as possible – and in the Fall, right after the monsoon season and while the weather is nice – is the perfect time to do it. Roof maintenance can seem intimidating at first, but it’s simple once you get the hang of it – and it will save you lots of money in the long run. So, what are some important fall roof maintenance tips for Arizona roofs to keep in mind? We’ve made a checklist for you.
Arizona Roof Maintenance for Fall Checklist
- Clean Your Gutters: Making sure your gutters are free of debris is one of the most important things you can do for your roof. Clogged gutters can create all kinds of problems and can lead to leaks, so schedule some time to get up on a ladder – or pay someone else to get up on a ladder – and clean out those gutters at least once a year.
- Trim Your Trees: If you have trees with branches that overhang your roof, you’ll want to have them trimmed back so that they don’t drop leaves on your roof – or worse, pose a risk of falling and damaging your roof.
- Check Your Shingles: When you get up on your roof, take a good look at your shingles – and keep an eye out for ones that are damaged or missing.
- Get a Professional Inspection: While it’s possible to do several of the things on this list by yourself, it’s a good idea to hire a roofing company to perform an inspection on your roof. Getting a professional inspection on your roof once a year as part of your general maintenance is a smart move that could save you a lot of money in the long run.
- Check Your Ventilation and Insulation: It’s important to make sure that your home is well-insulated, especially with the cold months coming up – and the hot months we can experience almost year-round. Ventilation is also incredibly important to your home’s health, as poor ventilation can lead to an overworked A/C unit, mold, and leaks. When your roofers perform their inspection, make sure to ask them to check the ventilation and insulation.
We hope that this list has helped you with your fall roof maintenance plans. If you have any more questions or want to get started by scheduling an inspection, call Roofstar Arizona now at (480)-426-1915. We’ll tell you the truth about your roof!